Finest Soy Candles 100% Organic Non Toxic Made From NV Soy Wax
Search

Candle Safety



  • Follow any special instructions that came with your candle.

  • Never leave a burning candle unattended. Even if you are leaving your home for a few minutes extinguish all candles.

  • Never fall asleep with candles burning, I know this is a tough one but a large majority of fires caused by candles start in the bedroom.

  • Keep out of reach of children and pets.

  • A dog's wagging tail can send a candle flying - I know this from experience.

  • Children are attracted to candles and are very curious - this I know from experience also, when I was a child visiting my grandmother I noticed she had a candle burning and to the surprise of everyone I walked right up and dipped my hand into the hot wax. Ouch!

  • Cats love to jump and climb and have their favorite places to do this. Never burn a candle near these places.

  • Never move a candle while it is burning. A container candle may be extremely hot and you may drop it or spill hot wax. A pillar candle will sometimeseasily fall over under it's own weight and also can spill hot wax causing burns.

  • Keep candles away from other flammable objects: drapes, furniture etc.

  • Always burn candles on a heat resistant surface. If burning candles on wooden or similar surface use a suitable insulator to protect the surface from any heat that may be transferred and large enough to contain any wax that may spill over.

  • Always burn candles on a stable, solid surface that will not get bumped into and easily fall over.

  • Never burn a candle where it may fall onto a person, for example a headboard on a bed.

  • Never burn a candle on or in a scratched, chipped or otherwise damaged holder or container.

  • Keep wick trimmed to about 1/4 inch to avoid excessive flame height.

  • Keep candle free from wick trimmings, matches or other debris.

  • Stop use of candle when 1/2 inch or less wax remains. This is a general rule with candles. When testing our candles we always let the candles burn out, completely consuming all of the wax. Although we do not suggest this, it is important that you know that we do test our candles under the harshest conditions to ensure we make the safest products possible.

  • Never use water to extinguish a candle.

  • If possible use a flashlight if you are in the dark and need a light source. The possibility of falling or bumping into something and causing a fire is very high.


Burning Tips



  • Keep wick trimmed to about 1/4 inch. If flame becomes too large or begins to flicker your candle has probably been burning too long, extinguish, trim wick when cool and relight. Our soy candles when burned properly do not flicker, the flame should be almost stationary.

  • Keep candles out of drafty areas.

  • Burn containercandles long enough to have a melt pool all the way to the edges for maximum candle life and to prevent "tunneling".

  • Make sure the wick stays centered.

  • Enjoy your candles!


Candle Storage



  • Store Candles in a cool place. For best results do not let temperatures exceed 90 degrees fahrenheit.

  • Do not expose candles to direct sunlight for long periods of time. This may cause discoloration.

Electric Candle Warmers



  • Electric candle warmers are becoming more and more popular mainly because they boast being safer than traditional candles, but you should still follow the same safety practices as you would with a burning candle.

  • Read and follow the manufacturers instructions.

  • Instead of a flame you now have an electrical heating element which is an additional hazard.

  • Never leave unattended. Even though there is not a flame there is always the possibility that the heating element may fail or overheat causing a fire hazard. This is especially true with cheap, poorly designed candle warmers.

  • Make sure to place the cord in such a way that it will not accidentally get stepped on, tripped over or tangled around something that may cause the warmer to get knocked over or the cord being subjected to any undue tension. This may cause the cord to be suddenly ripped out of the wall socket, the cord to separate from the appliance or the cord to separate from the plug. In any case you will have a very dangerous situation.

  • As in any electrical appliance if there is any sign that there is damage to the wires especially where the wire enters the plug, the switch and where it enters the candle warmer discontinue use immediately.

  • If the candle warmer falls, unplug it before you touch it. This depends on the severity of the fall but you are better off playing it safe.

  • And most importantly never place a candle warmer where it may come into contact with liquids. This includes near a source of water or where a spill might occur. Even though you may have the candle warmer plugged into a ground fault type outlet, it still takes a fraction of a second for the outlet to trip and can still cause serious injury.

  • If the candle warmer does get wet do not touch it. Even a minor shock is dangerous! Make sure you are dry and do not come into contact with anything moist around the candle warmer. The first thing to do is safely unplug the candle warmer. If you are wet or sweaty do not do it. If you or the wires are wet first dry yourself off. Find a dry heavy rubber glove or something similar and unplug the candle warmer. After it is unplugged safely then worry about cleaning up. It is most critical that you do not panic, calmly and safely unplug the candle warmer and then worry about the mess.

Please Note: This is not a fully comprehensive list of all precautions, just a generalized list that is meant to help our customers stay safe.
For more detailed information about candles and candle safety please refer to: The National Candle Association's Website
Home


Finest Soy Candles
17032 University Ave.
South Holland, IL 60473
USA
Phone: 708-334-6545

Copyright 2006 - Finest Soy Candles
Privacy Policy